This recipe has been floating around Pinterest for a while with the promise that it is the “best dessert on Pinterest”! After that introduction, who wouldn’t want to try it? So, I had to buy a few ingredients, but it was worth it!
These Carmelitas are so moist and delicious. It is like an oatmeal cookie Twix bar (Yum!)!
So, without further ado, here is the recipe:
50 caramels, unwrapped (about one bag)
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 1 /3 cups butter, melted
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 cups flour
2 cups oats
2 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. chocolate chips or baker’s melts
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 inch pan or line with aluminum foil or parchment paper. I used aluminum foil and greased it. I read that the caramel gets sticky, but to be honest, next time I would just grease my pan very well instead of fighting the foil.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar. Add flour, oats, and baking soda, and mix until combined.
- Divide the cookie mixture in half and pat half of the mix into the bottom of the 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- While the crust is baking, combine the caramels and heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until smooth.
- Remove pan from the oven, and sprinkle chocolate chips/melts over the warm crust. Pour caramel mixture over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture on top of caramel.
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are slightly brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting and eating (although you will be sorely tempted, the caramel will need a little time to cool off before it is safe enough for tasting!)
These are so moist and delicious and they keep for several days, but they probably won’t last that long.
What do you think? Best dessert on Pinterest?
Personally, I don’t think you should have to choose! There are so many great desserts! But, this Carmelita recipe is definitely a keeper!Carmelitas! Oh my yum! Click To Tweet
If you liked this, you may also like these desserts!