Fall is here. One of my favorite times. I love the smell of fall and the slightly cooler temperatures. This cheesy baked chicken pasta is a great fall dish. I used my spaghetti sauce recipe for the pasta sauce, only I left out the hamburger and added a few fresh herbs from my garden!! It turned out yummy! My little ones loved the addition of chicken and cheese! I used a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses to make this extra cheesy, but you can choose the cheese you like best!!
- 1 c. chicken, cooked and cubed
- 8 oz. Penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups pasta sauce (I used my spaghetti sauce without adding the beef)
- 2-3 c. cheese
- Put 1/2 pasta in a greased 9x9 pan or glass bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup chicken over pasta.
- Spoon 1+ cup pasta sauce over chicken and pasta.
- Top with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining pasta, chicken, sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and broil the top for a few minutes until brown and bubbly.
This dish was so yummy! Comfort fall food at its best.