Summer seems to be flying by. I don’t know how I feel about that. July is nearly over, leaving only August. I have already seen school supplies out in abundance! My little ones will be starting Kindergarten this year, and that makes me utterly happy and sad at the same time. I guess there is a word for that: bittersweet.
Since summer is flying by, I thought I would post a simple and fast recipe for those on the fly. This chicken bacon ranch hoagie recipe is a go-to at our house. During the summer, I need something fast and quick for dinner because often that is when I am the most tired! This is an easy recipe, with a few simple ingredients.
Who can beat that?
I don’t even know that this officially classifies as a recipe, but if you can eat it…well then:
- grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken
- bacon, cooked crispy
- cheddar cheese, shredded or sliced
- hoagie buns
- ranch dressing
- Cut up chicken into bite size pieces.
- Butter hoagie buns and put in broiler until nicely toasted.
- Top hoagie buns with chicken, bacon and shredded cheese.
- Return to broiler until cheese is melted.
- Add ranch, tomatoes and lettuce or other preferred toppings.
- You can make this in many varieties, adding sandwich toppings of your choice.
My husband prefers fries that actually use potatoes, so we go with Italian Parmesan Steak Fries.
Whatever you choose, have a wonderful last month of summer. I am working on enjoying it, and trying to be grateful for what I have.
I was recently reminded of the power of gratitude. I needed to close today with this:
Have a beautiful week. I am grateful for it!