So, I found a recipe on Pinterest, but had to change it up a bit. This really does taste like cookie dough, and you can eat it because it has no raw eggs (but does that really stop anyone from eating cookie dough??) Just remember, this is very rich. It eats like fudge with a shortbread crust!! One taste is so delicious and slightly addicting, but cut them into tiny squares for serving. I added the shortbread and am glad I did as I think it adds some texture and contrast to the sweet, sweet cookie dough.
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 14-oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- I cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. half and half or heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For shortbread, mix sugar, flour and cornstarch together.
- Cut in butter until you get a pea-like consistency.
- Press into bottom of 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes until shortbread is just beginning to brown.
- Take out and allow to cool.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, and vanilla together until creamy. Add flour and sweetened condensed milk.
- Cookie dough should be soft and have dough consistency.
- Once crust has cooled, press cookie dough on top.
- You may want to use a plastic baggie to help you press dough onto crust.
- Put chocolate chips in microwavable bowl.
- Put in microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds.
- Continue to do this until chocolate chips are melted.
- Add half and half and mix until smooth.
- Spread on top of cookie dough.
- Put in fridge and allow to cool for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
- This is yummy, but a very sweet and heavy bar. If you love cookie dough and fudge, you will love this dessert! You may like mini chocolate chips in this recipe, but I used regular. It is personal preference!!
Have a beautiful Monday and a great week!!
Here are a few alternate recipes that I viewed as I prepared this recipe: A Family Feast and Life’s Simple Measures. Pinterest has a whole bunch of recipes for this as well!! The one with peanut butter also looks fantastic!! We just have a peanut allergy here, so no nuts for us!!
What is your favorite cookie recipe? Chocolate chip? Snickerdoodle? Oatmeal raisin? Leave a comment and let me know!