As I pondered what to make for breakfast, this recipe returned to me: German pancakes! If you are interested in a little history on German pancakes, check out here. I love these and they are so easy. They are also called Dutch Baby Pancakes. If you are ambitious and want to impress, make them in a cast iron skillet or use a muffin pan for individual servings.
If you time this just right, you can put them in the oven and then go take a quick shower. When you get out, breakfast is done!!
Here is the recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Put 1/4 cup butter into 8x8 or 11x7 inch pan and put into oven until butter is melted and pan is hot.
- Mix all remaining ingredients into blender and blend until foamy.
- Once butter is melted, take pan out of the oven and pour egg mixture into hot pan.
- Return to oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until puffed and brown.
- Serve immediately.
- This is yummy with fruit and whipped cream, or a variety of syrups.
I even sometimes make German pancakes for dinner. My little ones love breakfast for dinner!
If you have breakfast for dinner, what is your preference?
Have a beautiful week!