OK, someone is probably going to kill me for posting this. It isn’t healthy, but it is divine. Plus, why go out and pay for this when you can make it at home??
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pt. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese (when I am lazy, I have used other cheese and it still works, but these two will give it the more traditional taste!)
- Melt butter.
- Add cream cheese and allow to soften over low heat.
- Add crushed garlic and whipping cream. Simmer until smooth.
- Add shredded cheese and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, or until it thickens. Stirring occasionally.
- Watch it as you don't want to boil it or scorch it.
This is so delicious! And, I can say that you don’t have to use much, so maybe that makes me feel a little better. I cut the recipe in half for my little family and we still had leftovers, so it will serve quite a few.
Here I served it with tortellini, peas and grilled chicken. I put some in my hubby’s lunch in a tortilla with grilled chicken and a little sauce – delish! This is a must try!! Easy and a lot less expensive than Olive Garden! Enjoy!