So, I had a birthday this year. Can you believe it? Yep, it comes around one time a year. I made my own dessert for my birthday: a brownie caramel cheesecake. It was delicious! I ate more of this than anyone in my household, and I didn’t feel one bit bad!
Although the pictures didn’t turn out great, there is nothing wrong with the recipe! I just didn’t have it refrigerated enough when I cut it! And, I wasn’t going to wait!! 🙂
The other thing I love about this cheesecake recipe is that it only calls for 8 ounces of cream cheese, not 32 ounces. Now, when I go to the Cheesecake Factory, I expect 32 ounces of cream cheese in my cheesecake, but when I am home…I hate to see that cream cheese go to waste. Who can truly eat a 32 ounce cream cheese cheesecake by themselves? Not even I can.
This is truly an indulgence, and we all deserve one, at least every 40 years. 🙂
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham crackers, crushed (about 12 rectangles)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brownie bites (I cooked brownies, allowed them to cool, and cut them into 1/4 inch bites)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and press into pie pan.
- Chill for one hour or until set.
- Mix cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of brownie bites on top of crust.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Pour cheesecake filling over brownie and caramel.
- Top with 1/2 cup brownie bites and drizzle with caramel.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes until center is set and springs back.
- Cool. Refrigerate.
- Serve with whipped cream, remaining brownie bites and a drizzle of caramel topping.
- Prepare yourself for a slice of heaven.
Have you ever made your own birthday dessert? What is your favorite kind?
Is it o.k. to indulge now and then?