This month has moved way too quickly. September has taught me a few lessons, many of which I am still learning. I feel the word for the month would be preparation. After applesauce, salsa, tomatoes, peaches, etc, I feel more prepared for the winter. But, I have also been taught some lessons about preparation in my personal life. It is always important to be prepared for things emotionally, spiritually, and temporally.
I am going to do this month’s summary a little differently. I am sharing some of my favorite posts from September, but I have also picked several posts that I read from other bloggers that were positive, fun, and inspiring to me. Feel free to browse and let me know which articles you enjoyed. If you like it, I will try to gather some of my favorite posts from other bloggers each month to share..
Here were the favorite posts from Balm to My Soul for September:
1. A Letter to My Daughters: Kindergarten Week One: I am repeatedly taught lessons in my personal life. This one was a big one for me. They are doing great. They are loving school. They are growing too fast.
2. Peach Pudding Cake: This one truly is yummy! If you have a chance to get your hands on some peaches, give this a try! You will not regret it.
3. Put the FEAR into your Blog: This one I wrote several months ago. It is my first post on blogging. With my limited knowledge, I was pleased at the outcome. Check out how to use FEAR to make your blog better.
4. 5 Lessons Adults Can Learn from Pee-Wee Soccer: My little ones have started soccer. Well, at least one little one. The other would rather sit on the ball or play with her unicorn on the sidelines…but that is another story. Read what adults can learn from 5-year-olds!
5. #Sharegoodness: What is your social media diet? What are you sharing online? What are you consuming?
6. 5 Lessons Learned from Coach Gelwix about Being Forever Strong: I had to include this one. I loved attending this devotional and hearing Coach Gelwix speak. He was truly inspirational.
Now, onto some of the favorite posts that I read this month. I read so many and I wasn’t able to share them all, so I picked some from a few of my favorite bloggers. You will find a variety here, from blogging to crafty to inspirational. Here goes, in no particular order:
1. Lauren Tamm at The Military Wife and Mom wrote:
Lauren always has something great to say, especially regarding parenting and being a military wife. In addition, she is just a great woman. Please, give her blog a visit.
I think it is so important that we value all aspects of our children. I had a few events this month that reminded me I need to teach beauty and the real definition to my own girls. The world teaches them so quickly otherwise!
2. Michelle at The Happiness Blogger wrote:
Since I love inspiring quotes, I had to choose this one. There are so many great quotes here. I have to keep going back to read a few!!
Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude. -Joseph Wood Krutch
3. Jessi from Practically Funtional posted these darling
I always love a creative and frugal craft. These are darling, and Jessi always has some project going. Go check them out!
4. Brittany Bullen is always full of great advice. Check out her article
Brittany always has something great to share. She has a lot of knowledge on blogging and other great things! Check her out @ Brittanybullen.com, Mommybloggeracademy.com, and Internationalbloggersassociation.com
I always love it when someone is brave enough to share their beliefs, even with the possibility of being criticized. Katelyn is always full of energy.
She has a 15 day challenge to share and encourage faith in Jesus Christ. If you are interested in joining, check it out here.
5. Ana Lyn from Our Blended Marriage had a great article:
Ana has a way of giving it to you straight, and I love that. She also has many talents. Check out her blog.
6. Brittany from The Realistic Optimist is also one of my favorites. She writes with such personal intensity and vulnerability.
Curiously, one of my September favorites of hers is about being bikini ready. If any of you know me well, you will know I have never worn a bikini in my life, but check out her article. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised.
I want to thank each of the bloggers for allowing me to share their posts here. They are great bloggers and great people. I am enjoying getting to know them and am grateful for the influence they have on me. They inspire me to work harder and be a little better.
I hope you enjoyed the articles as I did.
Let me know which were your favorite posts for the month – whether you found them here or otherwise! Leave a comment below.
And, now, onto October!!