In the spring, we were lucky enough to run into this succulent foliage at Lowes. It came in a small square and we snatched it up.
We had three logs sitting around that we were wanting to do something with as accents to the flowers and bushes in our yard. This foliage would make a great filler.
My hubby was happy to get out the chainsaw to make a few spots for the foliage.
After cutting out the holes, we filled with dirt and topped with the succulents.
I was so pleased to see them begin to thrive. I had been waiting to post these to see if they survived. They not only survived, but look beautiful!!
Look at how they have changed. It is like a Dr. Seuss mini garden. We even have little Truffula trees from the Lorax!!
My little ones believe it is a fairy garden. Now if I only could find a very small bench…maybe we would have some visitors!
Here are some great benefits of gardening:
1. Gardening and growing things are good for your physical and mental well-being.
2. It can help you feel relaxed and satisfied as you see progress in your accomplishments.
3. Gardening is excellent stress relief and has been shown to help in physical healing and building immunity.
4. Some studies have shown that those who participate in gardening have a more positive mental outlook and feel happier.
5. Some people believe that gardening also has spiritual benefits as you connect with nature.
What do you think? Does gardening help you?
Hope you are enjoying the summer!! Have any of your plants started thriving? What are you growing this year?
Please, share your comments!