I just can’t get it through my head how fast time is going. April just flew by. I know I say that every month, but this one really did a number on me. It seemed like I had my 10 year anniversary, my nephew got married, and then…done. Gone. Moving on.
It has been a good month, overall. I must say I feel extremely blessed this month. One of my favorite things that I haven’t posted about yet (hopefully soon to come) is some experiences I had with some beautiful young women. Twice this month I was able to spend time talking with and getting to know some youth. It has been wonderful to see their excitement about the world and feel of the beauty bursting from each one. I am so grateful for my own daughters. They are soon to be five, and too ready to grow up. I am so grateful when they snuggle in my lap and whisper their love in my ear. I guess if there was a word I chose for April 2014, it would be ‘reminiscent’. Thank you April for helping me remember.
Here are the top 10 posts from the month of April:
1. Easter Resurrection Eggs: This is something that I do every year and I almost didn’t post it! I am glad I did. I feel that it was a good reminder to go to the scriptures and celebrate the true meaning of Easter.
2. 10 Things I Love About You: Again, another one I almost didn’t put up. I hate to get too personal on here (I must get over that) and this was a personal post for me. I want to send a thank you out to my sweetie for loving me 10 years +. It has been a wonderful journey.
3. Resolve to Know More: Five Things to Do When Someone is Struggling with Infertility: My hubby told me this one was a little impersonal. I agree. It was impersonal. I have so many personal feelings about this, and I unknowingly guarded myself. Perhaps, when I am ready, I will write a more personal post on this.
4. Reuse and Recycle: An Easter Pallet Box: Thank you sweetheart!! I love this box. My only problem is that it is still filled with bunnies!! I need to find something new to fill it with now that Easter is over!!
5. Succulent Madness: A Mother’s Day Idea: This one was fun because I got to spend some time with my hubby! And, I think each project turned out beautifully!! Hope it gives you some inspiration for Mother’s Day!
6. Pinteresting: Face Serum: Fun, simple and very nice!!! I am out of mine. Ready to make another batch!!
7. Pinteresting: DiY Facial Pore Strips: One word to describe this one: seriously?!? I couldn’t believe it actually worked. Anyone else tried it yet?
8. Strawberry Dream Cake: This is another Mother’s Day idea. This cake is delish!! It will serve a crew and is easier than you expect!!
9: Homemade Pretzels: This is a wonderful recipe for pretzels. Boil, then bake. Gotta love it!
10: Gratitude: This one was a very personal one for me. After my aunt’s funeral, I felt an extreme sense of gratitude for those around me. I know it is important to express gratitude for what we have. This is a skill that has helped me often. I just have to stop and focus on the many, many blessings surrounding me.
Wow, I can’t wait to see what May will bring! I hope you all had some good times in April!! What was your favorite event from the past month?