As I look back on this month, I truly cannot believe it is gone. There have been many highlights and good things that happened this month, and the biggest one I just barely mentioned on my blog. I have wanted to do a post dedicated to my little ones, and hopefully I will soon. My two precious little ones turned five in June. Five years old. I cannot tell you how much they have changed my life for the better. I cannot express my gratitude for them and for what they have taught me. Becoming a mother is one of the things that I never imagined would change me so much. My heart is filled with gratitude for their little spirits in my home.
I have had several ups and downs this month. I have felt overwhelmed and exhausted, but have also experienced some really positive moments with my little family. I am so grateful for them.
If I had a word to pick for June, it would be time. I am so grateful for time. I may not always use it wisely, and often use it too busily, but I am grateful for time that I have been given.
Here are my top ten posts for the month of June:
1. Homemade Bubble Test: This one was featured on another site! It is a very fun outline of two homemade bubble solutions and some amazing bubble that we made in our driveway. I hope you all get to blow some bubbles this summer!
2. Five Ways to Keep Kids Busy This Summer: This one took some research, but it was well worth it. It was featured as a Show Stopper on Show Stopper Saturday. I was excited about that! Check it out, especially if you are hearing: “Mom, I’m bored!!”
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Shortbread Bars: Another great feature! This one is so decadent that you will only need to eat a smidgen, but if you are like me, you will end up eating more than your share. A combination between cookie dough, fudge, and downright overindulgence!
4. Graciousness: It’s An Art: I had so many nice comments about this article. Thank you to all who read and commented! This one really came from my heart. There have been times in my life where I was far from gracious, but it is a skill that I have always admired. It is something that I am working on. What do you think? Do you work on being gracious?
5. Do You Want to Build a Snowman: This one was also featured on another site and it was just pure fun. My husband actually deserves more credit. Poorman. He was out painting it when a neighbor came by. “Another Pinterest project?” “Yep.” That was about the extent of their male conversation. Thanks, honey, for being so ‘Pinteresting’!!
6. Grilled Sweet Pineapple: Yum! Do I really need to say more?
7. Happy Father’s Day Tie: Free Printable: This one was my attempt to simplify Father’s Day. I don’t know if it worked, but I think they were enjoyed!!
8. BBQ Baked Beans: Great recipe for any BBQ. Make it with the grilled pineapple and a hamburger. Delish!!
9. Truth and Noise: I needed this one this month. This month has had a lot of noise, and I have needed a breather. Maybe July will be my breathing month.
10. Red, White and Blueberry Cakes: Perfect for the Fourth of July!! Get out your blueberries and strawberry cake mix! Yep! You will be delighted with blueberry frosting!! Yummy!
What were your favorite moments from June? Leave a comment and let me know!
Get ready for the big celebration this week!! Happy July 4th!!!