Have you ever had leftovers sitting in your fridge and you just need something to put them together? I love this chicken fried rice recipe as it uses up some leftovers and doesn’t taste like “leftovers”. You know what I mean!
Here is the recipe:
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed (use rotisserie or grilled, whatever you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 4-6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup frozen veggies (corn, carrots, peas)
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in skillet.
- Add onion and chicken.
- Cover with rice.
- Let rice brown and start to snap. Turn.
- Add remaining butter to the top.
- Add frozen veggies and continue to fry up and turn the rice.
- Cook until veggies are warm.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with soy sauce and whatever else sounds yummy!
- You can add whatever leftover veggies and chicken you want to this dish to make it your own. Be creative!
What do you do with your leftovers (besides throw them away)? Leave me a tip below!