I am not ready to give up my garden yet, so I am wishing for a little more of the warm weather. Since tomatoes are so yummy this time of year, I wanted to do herb chicken with cherry tomatoes. Not only is it yummy, but it makes a beautiful dish. I served mine with a potato and carrot hash and a wedge salad, but I think it would pair beautifully with baked rice and roasted broccoli too.
Even my little ones and hubby will eat this one up. The basil and garlic pair so nicely with the sweetness of the cherry tomatoes. I think basil is my new favorite herb. It is so delicious. My mint is taking over my herb garden, and I don’t have nearly enough mint recipes!! If you have a great mint recipe, send it my way.
Chicken is a staple at our house, and I love to find new ways to serve it. This herb chicken really pops!
- 3-4 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt, pepper and oregano
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter, cold
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add seasoned chicken and cook 4-5 minutes on each side until browned.
- Turn down heat to medium.
- Add onion and cook until it starts to soften.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, basil and butter.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, turning once or twice.
- In total, you will need to cook chicken about 8-10 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
Plus, isn’t it just beautiful! I am really enjoying the fresh herbs from my garden. It makes for some tasty meals!!
I had a bread salad at church that had basil and tomatoes and was divine!! I love the combination of tomatoes and basil in nearly anything!!
If you are looking for another use, check out my homemade French bread with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella!
What do you like to grow in your garden?