I have always wanted to grow herbs in my garden. This year, my sweet husband brought home some mint for me! I was so excited! What a perfect moment for watermelon mint salad!
We harvested the first of our mint, and I added it to our watermelon! It was delicious and so simple. I wanted to make a drink out of it because it reminded me a little of lemonade for some reason! If you know of a good watermelon-lemonade with mint, send it my way. I will definitely give it a try!
Here is the recipe:
- About 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, washed and chopped or torn into small pieces
- Cube watermelon. Put in fridge to keep cold.
- Wash mint and chop/tear into small pieces.
- Mix mint, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl.
- Pour mint and lime juice mixture over watermelon.
- Serve cold!
This was so refreshing! We served it with fried chicken and fresh corn on the cob. Delicious!
What recipes do you have to add a little variety to your summer menus? Leave a note below to share!