I know there are a million zucchini bread recipes out there and probably twice that many zucchini. I think zucchini must be the rabbits of vegetable kingdom! They multiply way too fast!!
I found this zucchini recipe from the Taste of Home cookbook and adjusted it just a little bit. I was going to put cinnamon chips into both the loaves, but since the cinnamon chips had a nut warning, I only added it to one loaf. I just thought the cream cheese frosting with lemon would pair nicely with the zucchini bread! My little ones couldn’t get enough of it!!
So, if you still have a few of those zucchini multiplying, try this recipe. You won’t regret it!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. lemon peel
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix sugar, canola oil, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in separate bowl until combined.
- Add flour a little at a time to sugar mixture until combined.
- Add zucchini and mix until combined.
- Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 55 to 60 minutes until brown and middle is set.
- Take out and let cool.
- Mix cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel and powdered sugar to desired consistency.
- After bread has cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- If you don't like cinnamon chips, you can leave them out. I added 1/2 cup to 1/2 the batter and both loaves turned out beautifully!
Here are a few pictures. I am surprised I was able to get some as it went pretty fast!
Going, going, gone!
Just like that zucchini in the garden….
Now, onto the pumpkins!!
Do you like gardening? What is your favorite thing to grow?
Leave a comment and let me know!